I am SO excited to share my Tomato Cucumber and Onion Salad with you today! It’s a refreshing summer salad made with veggies from the garden.
The Perfect Summer Salad
When you have a bunch of fresh garden vegetables, this is the best way to enjoy them! It’s quick, easy, and so delicious!
As a kid growing up in Southern Illinois I can always remember my Dad having a garden in our backyard. My mom made this salad a lot in the summertime with the veggies from the garden. Now that I’m married and moved half an hour away, I don’t have a garden of my own but I am lucky enough to have fresh fruits, produce and local farms close to home.
Fresh veggies are what really makes this recipe so amazing.
How To Make Cucumber Tomato and Onion Salad
First, you want to start by chopping the veggies. I used 4 tomatoes, 3 cucumbers and 1 white onion. Make sure to peel the cucumbers and onion before chopping. Then, place the cut veggies into a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix together 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon sugar. Pour the liquid over the veggies and let sit awhile so the veggies can soak up the juice. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
This cucumber tomato and onion salad is the perfect side dish for your summer bbq’s!
Cucumber Tomato and Onion Salad
- Vegetable Peeler
- Paring Knife
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 cucumbers
- 1 white onion
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Peel the cucumbers and onion before chopping. Chop the veggies into bite size pieces
- Place the cut vegetables into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Pour the liquid over the veggies and let set awhile so the veggies can soak up the juice.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
Recipe created by The Casual Craftlete.