Even though winter is upon us and the holidays have passed, that doesn’t mean there isn’t more fun to be had. Valentine’s Day is right around the corner with its bright and cheery shades of pink and red. All the romance and love in the air is sure to warm all of us up at least for a day or two…especially when eating these Mini Cherry Pies! These Heart Pie Pops are a sweet way to say I Love You. So cute!
With holidays like Valentine’s Day comes a responsibility for most. That responsibility is coming up with and preparing a snack for school functions, family gatherings, etc. It can be hard to fit in time to make something special especially if you have to make it in bulk or go through the process more than once. If you have more than one kid or more than one event or gathering to cover, it can be overwhelming.
So, the trick is to find something easy and cute that appears like it took a lot of work but really it was easy as pie. Speaking of pie, this little recipe and Valentine’s Day treat I’m going to share with you involves pie! Well, not pie in the traditional sense but just as good!
These mini cherry pies are the perfect treat to make for any occasion but especially for Valentine’s Day. These mini cherry pies are so easy that the kids could help make them. They have a warm, flaky crust and a sweet, slightly tart center. Their heart shape along with how unique they are is sure to get a few compliments from the other grownups involved. Plus, the fact that they’re made on a lolly pop stick makes it less messy when the kids are eating them! They’re easier to serve and easy to clean up! Let me show you how to make these adorable mini cherry pies!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Mini Cherry Pies
INGREDIENTS & SUPPLIES:
- 1 Box of Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 1 Can Cherry Pie Filling
- Pink Sugar Sprinkles
- White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Lolly Pop Sticks
- Heart Cookie Cutters
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Take out pie crust and unroll on parchment paper.
- With a large heart cookie cutter, cut out hearts. Lay the pieces on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Add about a Tablespoon of pie filling in the center of each heart. (Not too much or it will spill out). Place lolly pop stick on.
- Lay another heart on top and press around the edges with a fork to seal together.
- Now, mix the egg in a bowl. Then brush the outside of the heart with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with pink and white Sugar.
- Place in oven for 15-18 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Ready to serve!
*Two Pie Crusts makes 12 Pops
Looking for more great pie recipes?
Here are a few more pie ideas!
Linking to these wonderful parties!