Everyone loves a fun semi-homemade snack, and these Harvest Indian Corn Cookies are a great treat for your fall themed parties. Make these with the kids to take to Halloween parties, harvest festivals, or just because! Start with a favorite peanut butter cookie and check out our tutorial below for how to create this cute Indian corn motif!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Harvest Indian Corn Cookies
We start these cookies with your classic Nutter Butters cookie. You can choose a similar generic version if you prefer, just make sure it has the same shape. To create the colored coating, we prefer using Wilton brand candy melts. They offer the best quality and consistency when melted for dipping or decorating. If you are good with food color and basic almond bark, you may be able to duplicate these colors on your own.
Ingredients for Indian Corn Harvest Cookies:
Directions for Harvest Indian Corn Cookies
4. Hold the lollipop sticks Nutter Butters over the melted yellow chocolate, dip the cookie in and let any excess drip off and set back onto the parchment paper.
5. Place 3 vertical rows of brown, yellow and orange M&M’s vertically onto the yellow chocolate covered Nutter Butters, rotating colors and transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
6. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat 1 cup of your green candy melts on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Pour into a decorating bag and cut a tiny tip off the end of the bag.
7. Use your decorating bag of green candy melts to draw green leaf like shapes to look like the husk of the corn on a piece of parchment paper. Transfer to the freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
8. Carefully peel your husk leaves off and add a dab of melted chocolate onto the bottom of husk leaf and carefully press onto the back of the Nutter Butter and let harden.
Make this a Harvest Homeschool Lesson
More Harvest Themed Snacks:
If these Indian Corn Harvest Cookies aren’t enough – check out some of our other favorite recipes just in time for the harvest season. They are ideal for Thanksgiving or just a general harvest fest season.
Looking for a cute fall place card? See my Glitter Indian Corn Place Cards…so cute!
More Fall Recipes
If you enjoyed this fall appetizer, you will enjoy these fall recipes next.
- Healthy & Hearty Fall Salads
- Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp Recipe
- Apple Tart Recipe
- Gingerbread Apple Pie Cake
- Homemade Caramel Apples
- Mini Dutch Apple Pies with Caramel Sauce
- 25 Amazing Apple Recipes
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
More Fall Desserts
Fall is the perfect time to bake! Here are some more fall treats you can make when the weather is cool.
- Banana Pumpkin Bread With Cinnamon Swirl
- Cheesecake-Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Harvest Indian Corn Cookies
- No-Bake Fall Haystack Cookie Recipe