Start decorating for Fall with a DIY project – Easy Fall Mason Jar Centerpieces! This is a great Creative Fall Craft that involves mason jars, chalk paint, and burlap …. You can’t go wrong with these supplies, right?!?
This Fall, I tried out a more neutral color scheme with pops of turquoise and orange here and there. This mason jar centerpiece fits into my décor perfectly!
I made these painted and distressed chalk painted mason jars for a baby shower a couple of weeks ago, and after the shower, I wanted to keep them out on display.
I also had this raw wood crate from Michael’s and some chalk paint (also from Michael’s):
I first painted the crate turquoise. Once dry, I dry brushed white chalk paint over the turquoise. Dry brushing basically involves rubbing the brush ‘almost’ dry, and then painting it onto the crate (over the turquoise).
I now had a crate, and some white distressed mason jars, and was in need of a pop of orange.
Enter burlap ‘flowers’ which are SO simple to make. I promise.
STEP 1: CUT A 2″ x 24″ STRIP OF BURLAP.
If you’ve never cut the burlap, it’s really easy to cut a straight line by using this technique:
- Measure 2″ from the edge and find a length-wise fiber here.
- Pull this fiber out
- This will leave a line you can follow to cut along
STEP 2: Make a rosette as shown here:
First … cut a ~2″ circle out of burlap (hand cut, here … no need to be exact):
Next, create the rosettes out of burlap strips:
- Fold the strip in half
- Fold it in half again
- Roll one end of folded strip a couple of times (so it looks like the picture above)
- Next, twist the remainder of the strip and wrap it around the center roll.
- Keep twisting and wrapping …
- Until it is the desired size. Then hot glue the end of the strip.
- Next, apply hot glue to the back of the flower (be relatively generous)
- Stick the burlap circle onto the glue to hold the flower together.
That’s it! SO SIMPLE, right?!?
I hot glued the rosettes onto the mason jars, and added some raffia:
Then I set them in the crate, added some wheat stems, and … Instant Fall Easy Mason Jar Centerpieces!
I love the pops of orange and turquoise among the rest of my Fall decor! Great Easy Fall Mason Jar Centerpieces for parties or fall weddings too!
I’m already thinking about ways to transition this piece to Christmas. Hmmm …. Red rosettes instead of orange?
Stay tuned …