Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that feels like it is passed by. Halloween has grown into a crazy holiday and Christmas seems to start before Halloween is over. The thing about Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving traditions is it is all about family…and good food of course. The turkey might be the star but what we all love is the side dishes!
Take the pressure off planning Thanksgiving by using this complete guide and Thanksgiving planner!
There isn’t much to buy, the dinner can be simple or elaborate – it’s just about who you are with and the family memories and creating traditions.
I know we all have our Thanksgiving traditions but maybe this year you are looking for something new to include. Possibly your family dynamics have changed and you need to change things up a little. I know this has been true for my family in recent years.
So, I have come up with a few suggestions on what you might do to change up your Thanksgiving traditions or make new ones the family will repeat next year!
25 of the Best Thanksgiving Traditions for Families
- Make a Toast about all that the family is thankful for from the past year.
- Have the Kids Say Grace
- Have Guests Bring New Wines to Taste
- Share What You’re Thankful For With These Conversation Starter Cards
- Treat Yourself and Opt to Dine Out at a Local Restaurant – bonus…no dishes
- After Dinner Serve Hot Toddies or Cider Around a Fire
- Prepare Foods from Around the World
- Volunteer to Serve Thanksgiving Dinner Together at a Shelter
- Family Thanksgiving Olympic Games or have a tournament using board games.
- Use These Free Printable Card so the Kids can Create a Be Thankful Jar Weeks Leading Up to Thanksgiving. Use these Free Printable Cards for the Kids to write on
- Eat Early and Head to the Movie Theater
- Take Polaroid Pictures for Each Guest to Take Home
- A Kiddie Craft Table: Have craft supplies on hand to make one of these Turkey Craft Projects
- Have a Turkey Cupcake Decorating Contest…See 17 Thanksgiving Cupcake Ideas Here
- Black Friday Shopping
- Make a Wish Using the Wishbone
- Watch Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV
- Light Candles to Honor a Lost Loved One
- Play Christmas Music
- Everyone Contribute to Packing a Food Box for a Family in Need
- Host a Thanksgiving Murder Mystery Dinner
- Scavenger Hunt for the Kiddo’s
- Take a Nature Walk and Collect Things to Make a Centerpiece
- Watch Football & Serve Game Day Foods Instead
- Host a Storybook Reading for the Little Ones