Hi Everyone! This is Aida from The Crafting Foodie, and for those of you in the United States, I hope you all had a Thanksgiving full of delicious food and wonderful company. Now that Thanksgiving is over, you know what that means, right? It’s time for the winter holidays! In honor of winter festivities, I’m sharing these flaky, crunchy cookies filled with crushed candy canes and white chocolate – a delicious Peppermint White Chocolate Rugelach Recipe!
One of the many reasons I love making this rugelach recipe during the holidays is because they look so fancy, but they’re really easy to make.
After making and chilling the dough for this White Chocolate Peppermint Rugelach recipe, you roll a portion of it into a circle. Then sprinkle the crushed candy canes and white chocolate over the top of the dough. Using a pizza cutter or a paring knife, cut the circle into 16 pieces like you’re cutting a pizza. Then all you do is roll up each little triangle into these fancy rolls.
To give the cookies an additional crunch and shine, I sprinkled each cookie with some granulated sugar. I hope these White Chocolate Peppermint Rugelach cookies help get you into the spirit of the winter holidays! If you’d like more cookie inspiration, check out these Salted Dark Chocolate Cookies and Turtle Thumbprint Cookies at The Crafting Foodie.
Peppermint White Chocolate Rugelach
- For the dough: 8 tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- For the filling: 1/2 cup white chocolate, chopped
- 4 large candy canes, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- For the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese, sugar, extracts, and salt together until light and fluffy, about 3 to 6 minutes on medium speed.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer on low and slowly add the flour. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces.
- Wrap each piece in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm (about an hour).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- For the filling: Mix the white chocolate and crushed candy canes in a small bowl.
- To assemble the cookies: Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll each piece of dough on a lightly floured surface into an 11-inch circle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle half of the filling over the dough.
- Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut each dough into 16 wedges (like you would cut a pizza).
- Starting at the wide end, roll up each wedge into a cookie.
- Lay the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the cookies with the melted butter, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the cookies until they are a pale gold, about 20 minutes.
- Immediately transfer the hot cookies to a cooling rack, and allow them to cool completely.
- Repeat the same process with the second half of the dough.
- Yields 32 cookies
More Christmas Treats!
Christmas Mickey Swirl Cookies
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Linking to these wonderful parties!