Valentine Brown Sugar Blondies
Brown Sugar Blondies are the perfect treat to serve up on Valentine’s Day or any day! Soft warm hints of brown sugar and vanilla, with a pop of color from the M&M’s. Find more free printables, sweet treats and crafts in my collection of Creative Valentine’s Day Ideas!
I’m back to share another tempting dessert. This month I wanted to share a treat that is perfect for Valentine’s Day. However, you could use any color of M&M’s, and make it for any holiday, or just because. I really like just because desserts, and do them quite often.
Isn’t it hard to believe that we are gearing up for Valentine’s Day when Christmas and New Years came and went so fast? It feels like I just put away our Christmas decorations last week. The older I get the faster time seems to go. Wouldn’t it be nice if it would just slow down?
I think that’s my New Year’s resolution this year. (Yea, I’m one of those people, the ones that make resolutions.) My resolution is to slow down, we are always on the go so much. Need to get here, gotta get there. Gotta hurry up and do this or that.
This year I want to enjoy the moment. Grab one of these brown sugar blondies, a cup of coffee, a great book, and savor the moment. Or forget the book, enjoy the coffee, a brown sugar blondie, and build a Lego set with Kelsie, my 10 year old.
So let’s get to the Valentine Brown Sugar Blondies so that you can all begin to enjoy the moment in our very busy lives.
BROWN SUGAR BLONDIE INGREDIENTS:
1 cup Valentine’s Day Color M&M’s
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 9X9 inch baking pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
In a large bowl mix together the brown sugar and melted butter until combined.
Mix in the egg and vanilla, set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, working in small batches, stirring until thoroughly combined after each until it’s all mixed in.
Stir in 2/3 cup M&M’s.
Spread into your prepared dish, and sprinkle with the remaining M&M’s.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Valentine Brown Sugar Blondies
- 1 cup Valentine Day Color M&M's
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9X9 inch baking pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the brown sugar and melted butter until combined.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, working in small batches, stirring until thoroughly combined after each until it's all mixed in.
- Stir in 2/3 cup M&M's.
- Spread into your prepared dish, and sprinkle with the remaining M&M's.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Recipe by Everyday Made Fresh
SEE MORE VALENTINE’S DAY IDEAS HERE!
More Valentine’s Day Ideas:
- 20 Valentine’s Projects, Crafts, and Gifts
- 35 Valentine Ideas, Crafts, and Recipes
- Pencil Valentine Gift Printable Banner
- Kids Candy Ring Valentine Printable
- Candy Crush Treat Valentine Printable
- Love Bug Valentine Bag Treat Gifts
- Homemade Chocolate Massage Lotion with Printable Label
- White Chocolate Valentine Haystack Cookies
- Chocolate Filled Red Velvet Coffee Cake
Need to try these! Thank you for sharing your recipe with us for Snickerdoodle Sunday!
Pinned and tweeted.
These look fantastic! Thanks for sharing 🙂
M&Ms make everything festive. Thanks for sharing on the Creative K Kids Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party. I hope you will join us again next week.
Those blondies look so good!
These look absolutely delicious. I am adding to my must try list.
These look delicious and perfect for Valentine’s Day! I’ve never made blondies before, but I plan on making them soon because these look hard to beat! And those pink M&M’s just make them! So good!
Found you on the Weekend Recipe Link Up Party over at Gator Mommy Reviews and wanted to say hello! Keep up the good work, and happy Sunday!
Alright, these look like the best blondies, EVAH! Valentine’s day or not – so decadent! Thanks for bringing this by Throwback Thursday and we’re looking forward to next week’s post already! I’ll be pinning it to our board, so please follow us there! 🙂