Christmas is in full swing at our house!! I’m here today sharing a quick and fun festive project … Red Nosed Christmas Reindeer Decorations!
We’re going for a white/red/grey color scheme for Christmas this year, and this guy was just perfect to add a little festive touch to our kitchen shelves! And he took only a couple of minutes to make!
Red Nosed Christmas Reindeer Decorations
To make this Rudolph, you’ll need …
- A canvas (I reused one that my mom had purchased at a consignment store). Mine was 8″x10″, but use whatever size works for your space.
- Grey chalk or craft paint for the background.
- Matte Mod Podge
- Scrapbook/Patterned paper (I used this black and white chevron paper I had on hand)
- Red burlap and hot glue gun (to make rosette) or pre-made, purchased rosette (they sell these at most craft stores if you don’t want to make your own).
- This stag template
- Red burlap and hot glue gun for rosette (if you’re making your own).
Paint your entire canvas the background color (Grey Chalk Paint, in my case).
Next, size your stag to fit your canvas and print onto regular printer paper.
Cut out the stag.
Trace onto patterned paper and cut stag shape out of patterned paper.
Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the entire front surface of the canvas.
Place stag onto the canvas.
Apply a thin layer of mod podge over the top of the stag.
Allow to dry and add your red burlap rosette to turn him into Rudolph! (Follow directions on making burlap rosettes HERE). What a cute Red Nosed Christmas Reindeer Decorations!
Glue on the nose and display!
A perfect, festive addition to our kitchen!
Happy Holidays and Happy Decorating!