Vintage Flair For Your Affair
There are many little vintage details turning up in today’s celebrations. Sometimes it is the smallest details that catch your eye and make something a little more special…especially when it is treasured keepsake. We all have a few heirloom items around the house…some little treasure that reminds us of someone special. In addition, those who like to search for little gems at flea markets might rethink the purpose of their treasures. Here is a collection of ideas to reinvent some old and treasured things that can add a little charm to your next gathering.
1. & 2. Flea market crystals hung on simple bud vases with a single bloom create this simple centerpiece and mix and match dishes to bring a lot of visual interest and texture to the table. From Country Living.
3. & 4. Fill a few vintage teacups with small bunches of flowers as a charming centerpiece from Better Homes and Gardens and use a vintage sugar bowl to hold mismatched teaspoons on the buffet table from Country Living.
5. Napkin rings made of vintage button cards from Country Living.
1. Boxes covered with decorative paper and trim, with a crepe paper medallion and a shell button center. Inside the favor boxes is a pair of vintage salt and pepper shakers. From Once Wed.
2. Create candle favors using copies of treasured photos and vintage images from Country Living.
3. Find these wall pockets from The Vintage Polka Dot at ETSY. Vintage images on muslin, tucked with lavender, make up these lovely pockets to hang around the house.
4. Vintage gloves filled with soaps and lotions create this beautiful and unique party favor from Quill Cottage.
1. Vintage postcards made into garland can be found at ETSY. This one is made by Cori Kindred.
2. Vintage typewriter key wine tags – Impress your guests with this elegant solution to mismatched glasses. Find these great wine tags at QA Create at ETSY.
3. & 4. Here is an original idea…how about using a toothbrush holder to hold the silverware and napkin at each place setting. Another beautiful touch is adding a little tulle and a clip on earring to the stemware on the table. These ideas come from Quill Cottage.
1. A wedding cake topper handmade with vintage sheet music at ETSY by amadalebel.
2. Beautiful vintage hankies stamped as “Save the Date Card” for a wedding. Every guest will receive something special and unique in the mail. From Lucky Luxe.
3. White vases filled with simple flowers and a vintage camera sit on top of old record albums give this table an eclectic feel.
4. A Dapper couple sits atop a tiered finial. Handcrafted of vintage sheet music and finished with organza ribbon. Bottom tier is lined box, perfect to hold jewelry or mementos. From D Sharp.
5. Simple DIY cake plate from Vintage Flair – Decorated with vintage ledger paper and clip on earrings.