Here is an easy and festive DIY centerpiece that can be as inexpensive as one dollar! How great would these be to make for a Summer Mexican Fiesta or the up coming Cinco De Mayo. I made these a few years ago and will use them again for this Thursday’s Celebration!
Cinco de Mayo DIY Centerpiece
This was kind of like making paper snowflakes. After cutting the paper to size, I then folded it accordion style, trimmed the ends to points and cut triangle or circle shapes down the sides. I placed a few color bands of tissue behind the cut outs…layering the colors. I attached everything together using small dots of Tacky Glue.
1. Accordion folded the paper, but instead of folding the last side back, I laid it flat securing it with small pieces of tape.
2. Then fold that last side over top the edge and the tape.
3. Trim all the edges of the one side. (not the edge with the tape)
4. Cut in equal strips without cutting to the folded edge. Leave about a quarter of an inch. Then fluff and crinkle a little and attach with small amount of glue.
5. Attach the one side of the tissue panel with a small amount of tape, then bring the other side around and attach with small dots of glue.
Add tea light candles and you have instant festive lighting for any Mexican Theme Party! Of course make sure that the candle flame can not come in contact with the tissue paper to cause a fire. Low tea light candles would be the best, so that the flame can not reach the top of the vases.