Nothing is as much fun as decorating and preparing for your Halloween parties! Our Easy Ghost Cupcakes for Halloween are just part of the preparation. This semi-homemade treat is easy, fun, and ideal for class parties or your own family party. A few simple additions to a classic cake mix will create a cute treat everyone will love.
This marshmallow ghost cupcakes with fit in perfectly with my 35+ Halloween Treats and Desserts!
Easy Ghost Cupcakes for Halloween
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
As you already know, we love throwing parties. A great Halloween Party Theme will always include some ghosts or goblins. Making a fast and easy ghost cupcake like these will work with almost any theme you choose. We use Betty Crocker Supreme cake mixes most often, but you can use any cake mix brand you prefer.
Supplies for Ghost Cupcakes:
Directions for Ghost Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line (2) 12 count muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Prepare the cupcake batter according to package directions.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes. Around 18 minutes insert a toothpick into a cupcake and if it comes out clean they are done.
Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool completely.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, spread a little bit of frosting on the bottom of a marshmallow and place on top of the cupcake. Repeat this step with all the cupcakes.
- Scoop the vanilla frosting into a microwave safe glass dish and heat for about 10 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the melted vanilla frosting over the top of each marshmallow sitting on top of the cupcakes. Let is cover all sides. Repeat with all the cupcakes.
- Let the cupcakes set a few minutes and then use the black icing to give each ghost (2) eyes and a mouth.
*Makes approximately 24 cupcakes
When making these cute ghost cupcakes, you’ll want to have a nice sized cupcake carrier to keep from having them get smashed if you transfer to a party. I love this 2-Tiered Cupcake Carrier since it will hold all 24 cupcakes in just one container. Just always make sure you snap the container shut well and use a hand underneath for keeping it sturdy.
Planning a Halloween Party
If you are planning on making these yummy ghost cupcakes for your upcoming Halloween party – don’t miss out on our other posts, recipes, and tips to help. We have a complete list of fun party ideas for you like this Adult Halloween Party Ideas, Scary Halloween Party Bathroom, or Antique Halloween Party Inspiration ideas. There are also tons of delicious Halloween snacks and treats to go alongside these ghost cupcakes. We especially love these 35 Halloween Party Treats.