1. Frost each cupcake with white frosting.
2. With remaining frosting, divide and put in 2 bowls. Color one pink and the other blue.
3. Put each color into a plastic bag and cut a tiny corner off for piping. Pipe a pink line on the left edge and pipe 5 blue lines horizontal from the pink line. It will look like a piece of paper.
4. For the pencils, cut about a 3-inch piece of yellow licorice. Cut a fruit chew in half and press one of the halves on the end of the licorice and mold to look like an eraser.
5. Cut a short piece of black rope licorice and wrap around the pencil right below the eraser. Use a dab of frosting to attach the ends to the back.
6. Poke the pencil down into the cupcake leaving the eraser end pointing up. If you need to for support, place a small piece of the sucker sticks into the cupcake behind the pencil.
7. For the apples, roll a little piece of the Airheads candy into a shape of an apple. Cut a tiny piece of green Airhead candy and place on top the apple to resemble a leaf.
8. Set the apple on the cupcake.
9. Ready for a back to school party!