Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Learn how to make sweet cranberry sauce on your stove.
Servings: 4 people
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp allspice
- orange zest
Rinse off the cranberries in a colander and throw out any bad ones.
Use a medium size sauce pan and pour in the orange juice, water, brown sugar, and white sugar.
Stir with a whisk or wooden spoon until the cranberries have split open and the sauce only has a few small lumps. This takes around 15-20 minutes. Stir frequently so they don’t burn to the pan.
Sprinkle in orange zest to taste. Add in the all spice and stir.
Let the sauce cool for 30 minutes – 1 hour. Serve on warm bread, turkey, or crackers.
- The cranberries will spray as the pop from the heat. This is completely normal.
- You can swap the allspice for cinnamon or nutmeg if you want.
- The orange zest is optional but gives it a tasty zesty flavor.
- It’s fine to add more sugar depending on preferences to make it sweeter.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 58g | Vitamin A: 113IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg