Creamy Pumpkin Soup
This Creamy Pumpkin Soup is easy to make and a perfect way to keep warm on cool days! Perfect for fall or to serve on Thanksgiving.
Servings: 8 People
- 4 tbsp. margarine
- 1 Large onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 28 oz chicken broth 2 14.5 cans of chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 29 oz. canned pumpkin 1 can plain pumpkin
- 1 golden delicious apple peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. salt optional
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
1. Melt margarine in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions and carrots, cook 5 minutes or until soft.
2. Add broth, water, pumpkin, apple, ginger, salt, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Cool mixture slightly by removing from heat for a short period of time. Using a blender or food processor, puree soup in batches. I use an immersion blender blending it right in the pot.
4. Return blended soup to pot and whisk in heavy cream by hand. Reheat, but do not boil! Sprinkle a little nutmeg on top and serve! Enjoy!
Serving: 8g | Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 701mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 19255IU | Vitamin C: 13.7mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1.7mg