It seems like all the flurry of high school graduation just ended. You host an awesome graduation party using the Ultimate Graduation Party Guide: Everything you need and now you have to rush into getting ready for college. One of the first things that is helpful is a College Packing List or dorm checklist.
I’ve got the inside scoop on the must-haves for your son’s or daughter’s dorm room shopping spree! This college dorm list is like the ultimate starter pack, covering all the essentials they’ll need to rock that dorm life.
Now, when it comes to decorating, let’s just say that girls are all about that coordination game. They’re ready to team up with their roommates and turn that space into a Pinterest-worthy paradise. To get started use this great girls’ college packing list.
But hey, guys? Well, let’s just say they have their own unique approach…or lack thereof! Haha, you know what I mean! This is a great college packing list for guys.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Collage Dorm Essentails
When a kid is getting ready to go off to college, there are a plethora of items that they may need to ensure a smooth transition into dorm life. Here are some essential categories to consider:
- Bedding and Linens: Comfort is key, so make sure to pack bedding essentials such as sheets, pillowcases, blankets, and a cozy comforter. Don’t forget extra pillows for added comfort during late-night study sessions or Netflix binges.
- Kitchen Supplies: Dorm rooms often have shared kitchen spaces, so it’s a good idea to pack some basic kitchen supplies like a microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, utensils, plates, bowls, mugs, and storage containers. These items will come in handy for quick meals and snacks.
- Electronics: College life revolves around technology, so don’t forget to pack a laptop or tablet, along with chargers, headphones, and any other gadgets necessary for studying, entertainment, and staying connected with friends and family.
- Organization and Storage Solutions: Dorm rooms can be tight on space, so it’s important to maximize organization. Consider bringing storage bins, hangers, shoe racks, desk organizers, and under-bed storage containers to keep things tidy and easily accessible.
- Study Essentials: Help your college-bound kid succeed academically by providing them with study aids such as notebooks, pens, pencils, highlighters, sticky notes, a desk lamp, and a comfortable chair. A whiteboard or corkboard can also be useful for keeping track of assignments and important dates.
- Toiletries and Personal Hygiene: Don’t forget the basics like toothbrush, toothpaste, shower caddy, towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner, toilet paper, and any personal care items specific to your child’s needs. It’s also a good idea to pack a first-aid kit with essential medicines and band-aids.
- Laundry Supplies: Help your kid navigate the world of laundry by providing them with detergent, dryer sheets, laundry bags or baskets, and clothing hangers. It’s a valuable life skill they’ll need to master!
- Decor and Personal Touches: Finally, encourage your child to make their dorm room feel like home by bringing along some personal touches. Posters, photos, fairy lights, throw pillows, and a cozy rug can add warmth and personality to their space.
Remember, every college and student is unique, so consider reaching out to the university for any specific guidelines or recommendations. By covering these essential categories, your college-bound kid will be well-prepared for this exciting new chapter in their life!
Download this FREE COLLEGE DORM CHECKLIST by joining my email list. You will have full access to this printable as well as my complete Private Printable Library!
I have lots of great Graduation Party ideas as well including this Graduation Party Checklist Free Printable.
Of course, there are many things you will pick up as you shop for your son’s or daughter’s dorm room but this college dorm list will give a good start on the essentials they will need.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE GRAD IDEAS…
I want to make life easy for you. Check out these graduation party ideas to help you with this busy time!
- 30 AWESOME BBQ GRADUATION PARTY IDEAS
- 15 AWESOME OUTDOOR GRADUATION PARTY IDEAS
- BACKYARD GRADUATION PARTY IDEAS
- GRADUATION PARTY IDEAS FOR GIRLS
- 30 COOL GRADUATION PARTY IDEAS FOR GUYS
- 20 CLEVER DIY GRADUATION PARTY IDEAS
- THE BEST GRADUATION GIFTS TO GIVE
It’s always tough on us parents sending our kids off to college. It’s especially hard on us moms! We are mother hens after all. We worry. It’s hard on the kids as well, even if they don’t show it.
I hope you find this college packing list helpful as you begin this next journey in your life!